Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just have to say....

It happens all the time... Every where I go, I see little ones, boys or girls that was Leah's age at the time she passed away, not yet 2 years of age that remind me of her. I can't help but think of Leah. I think this will be embedded in me till I see her again one day.

I just have to say...I was at the dollar store the other day picking up a few things. While waiting in line to cash out, the young cashier was having a conversation with the customer in front of me. They were talking about the customers granddaughter turning 16 and then the cashier mentions she has a little girl about 2 years of age, that she got pregnant when she was 17. She kept going on and on about how she is not looking forward to her daughter becoming a teenager. During this entire conversation, she was smiling and occasionally looking over at me.

She got finished with the lady in front of me so it was my turn to check out. The cashier asked me if I had any little girls. The only thought that came to mind while listening to their conversation wasn't the nicest thing and certainly didn't want to sound rude and hope I wasn't... But I explained to her that I recently lost my daughter about 4 months ago, that she was only 17 months old... Be Thankful you still have your daughter cause anything can happen.

So, if you have little ones in your life... my advice as a mom, every day, every hour, every minute being with your child is very precious! Don't take them for granted.

Just a mom missing her daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment




Site Design donated by VK Design Company