Friday, January 7, 2011

Have to Share....

While re-living the past 2 years, and all the times at the hospital... it brings me back when Leah was having one of her many surgeries. We met really nice people while we waited forever it seemed for the results of how Leah's surgery went... Her Bowels were being sewn back together after a long awaited perforation that happened weeks prior.

We met this lovely older couple, I can't remember there names right now but we talked about everything from our children to politics, to fox news and what we all did for a living. They found out that my husbands job was lost due to being laid off...

When this family got called back to see there family member in recovery... the wife leaned over to shake my hand to wish us well and placed a $20 bill in my hand - she said get out of the hospital and go get a good lunch on us! I was speechless! Very touched! How many strangers do that? Not too many I don't believe! To this day.. I will never forget that sweet gesture... We were blessed with people coming into our lives like they did... God knows who they are... I would just like to say - Thank you to them if they ever run across this blog!

This is a good example of why I want to give back and make a difference in others lives!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful story, gestures like this make this world a better place...

    ReplyDelete




Site Design donated by VK Design Company