Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It Has Come to My Attention -

I have things in my head on what I for see in putting together for these care packages. A friend of mine asked me today what type or kind of items I plan to put in my c are packages. So, it has come to my attention that I need to make a donation list of sorts... or should I say what I plan to put in these baskets/containers.

Well, first thing first -

I need something to put the stuff in, so I need a basket or LARGE Container.

Once I have the container, I can then visualize what to put in it. But here is kind of what my intentions are of what I want to try to fit in the baskets.

My main goal is for non perishable items that parents can snack on while at the hospital or maybe for the long drive back and forth from the hospital ... yeah, just by having elevator conversations with other parents during our hospital stay, some drive as far as 5 hours away for a children's hospital. We were an hour away, so I can't even imagine that!

Anyway, so, here is what I think we will start with far as fillers.

- $25-$50 Gas Card (probably from Walmart) so if they need other things like diapers, or prescriptions, that could be used for that as well.

- Non Perishable FOOD
Nuts like cashews, mixed nuts, peanuts, Crackers such as cheese nips, cracker sandwiches that contain cheese or peanut butter, granola bars, maybe some beef jerky, gardettos, popcorn, pretzels, cheese & crackers, blueberry or chocolate chip Otis Meyer muffins....gonna limit chocolate or sweets but might put in a candy bar or two, maybe some twizzlers. Gotta have a little chocolate! LOL!

Everything in prepackaged packaging of course.

- Beverages
Dr Pepper, Pepsi or Coke probably one 6 Pack and then a 12 pack of water.

- Small baby wipe case for on the road travel to keep hands clean.

- Hand Sanitizer - Hospitals are GERMY! Wanna get sick? Go to a hospital!

- Written Word Puzzle Book or Magazine and pen/pencil for parent

- Small Toy for child
Possibly Stuffed Animal, Crayons & Coloring Book, Age Appropriate book/magazine/comic book to read or age/gender appropriate small toy.

- Handmade Blanket with child's name

- All girls will receive a handmade boutique bow - (always took pride in keeping Leah pretty - want to keep this as a signature trademark for all the precious little girls.

- Last but not least! A Handmade Card with a word of encouragement!

Of course not all items listed here will be included in each care package but will give sort of what I have in my mind of trying to give the parents of sick children. Something for for the parents as well as for the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment




Site Design donated by VK Design Company