Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma's MAY 19th & 20th Tornado Memorial Children's Fund

Oklahoma's MAY 19th & 20th Tornado Memorial Children's Fund -


As most everyone knows - Oklahoma was Hit HARD again with Deadly Tornadoes - A Lot of areas have been covered in Volunteering, donation, supplies, etc... within the Moore, Carney, & Shawnee areas. This question came to me - How can I help?  What can I do that others have not thought of yet?

What can I offer in the midst of all the devastation and tragedies that happened over the past 2 days in Oklahoma? I have always believed that "every little bit helps" ... no matter how large or how small!

What has not been covered yet nor even been considered yet and will certainly become reality soon enough, is the burial of a child much too soon. Some have lost little ones and these little angels are now in God's Hands! Unfortunately, they will need to be laid to rest once all the dust settles. Unsure of the number count of how many children are not with us any more but the number keeps rising as the hours go by...Eventually, many will end up wondering how to cover this expense as I was faced myself with that question a few short years ago.


After losing a child myself, I know first hand the anxiety that arises the day before the funeral and no way to pay for it...it is certainly expensive to have to go through this especially, even more so when it is "unexpected" ... with that said, I am working on organizing a "Bake Sale Fundraiser" for all money raised to go to families who will have to lay there child to rest pre-maturely. I intend to contact Wal-Mart as well as Firelake Grocery in the morning to find out if I can host this fundraiser at one of their facilities, maybe even both locations for more coverage.

So, with that said... I am looking for volunteers to bake, help me work the fundraiser as well as possibly to donate a product to sell for the funds from the sale of that item to be thrown into the fundraising bucket. I would also possibly like to find a generous donation of a handmade quilt or some other big type item that maybe we can do a raffle on to increase what we can to help contribute too, for these families in there time of need... my goal is to raise as much as we can to help these families who have this unbearable task and ease somewhat of this financial burden! This money that will be collected will be given to these families and for them to use as they see fit, whether it helps with funeral expenses as originally is my intention, but having to miss work or making living arrangements, I feel it should be up to them on how they need the money spent - either way, this fundraiser is much needed for these families to help support them as they try and get through the immediate future - I am also attaching a papal button on the left side of my blog and post so if you would rather just donate and are not able to help or are out of state, your donation is much appreciated! Please provide your mailing address as well because I enjoy sending out "thank you" cards to show my appreciation in their honor!


My cell is 405.412.3050, feel free to text me.

No comments:

Post a Comment




Site Design donated by VK Design Company